Access to the nest of redstart via webcam:
The “Falcons of Théding” present: the “redstart of Théding“!
The tracking of red-tails by webcam on our website has been done since 2019.
These birds are very ingenious in the installation of their nest, often found in improbable places … Here, they built their nest in a cavity (hollow) under the roof of a garden shed, located next to a basin.
Since the ceiling height is very low, a flat camera with a “fisheye” view mode is used. It allows you to see the whole nest from above.
This webcam is connected to the Internet thanks to a long aerial ethernet cable (not buried) 40 meters long. POE technology provides electrical power to the camera via the ethernet cable.
More technical information by reading the ‘behind the scenes‘ page.
Since this nest box is “open”, natural lighting is used. At night, infrared lighting takes over.
Live video is available 24/7 during the breeding season, approximately from April to July. You can follow their adventures from the construction of the nest to the flight of the nestlings. Go through the photo / video gallery to learn the history of this year and previous years.
- Click the button in the center of the video.
- Check the icon is red ; if not, click on it (a few seconds may be necessary to return to live watching).
- Adjust the image quality settings by clicking the button to choose the highest possible digit (if your internet connection allows it! otherwise keep it in 'Auto').
- Control the live action thanks to the cursor , possibility to rewing 12 hours back! The button becomes grey.
- Mobile version: follow the user guide in the 'Mobile version' tab.
- Discover the story of the year in pictures and videos by clicking on the 'Gallery' tab.
- Take part in the chat and share your observations!
Please be courteous and polite; the subject is strictly concerning birds, animals and nature in general; avoid talking about something too personal or in anyways detrimental to the interest at hand. Always try to use the same nickname in order to be recognised by other chatters (you can personalise your name by clicking on "personnalisez votre nom ici" under the message bar in edit)
- You can also publish your photos of the birds of Théding (and elsewhere!) on the Facebook group linked to this website.
Go to the “News” page for the latest:
Visit the Facebook group to discover the Internet users publications (and share your own story!) about the birds of Théding (and elsewhere):
Also, the chat allows you to share the latest events!
Want to view all the cameras on one screen so you can be everywhere at the same time? Try the mosaic:
Are you browsing from a smartphone or tablet?
In this case, watching live videos and especially replay is perhaps more practical from the YouTube application; click the button to test: