Access to the nest #1 of great tit via webcam:
“Falcons of Théding” present: the “Great tit (nest #1) of Théding“!
This nesting box dedicated to the Great Tit has been installed since the spring of 2020. It is hung 3 meters high, in a maple tree in the garden, very close to the house, in Théding.
A mini IP camera, mounted in a suspended ceiling, allows the nest to be observed from above. This camera is connected by an Ethernet cable, which allows it to be connected to the Internet and to be powered.
For more technical information, see the ‘Behind the Scenes‘ page.
Artificial lighting has been installed in the suspended ceiling: the light generated by the LED passes through small holes in the suspended ceiling. The light turns on automatically at sunrise (thanks to connected plugs). It goes out at sunset. At night, infrared lighting takes over.
Live video is available 24/7 during the breeding season, approximately February through June. From the construction of the nest to the flight of the chicks, you can follow this adventure. Go through the photo/video gallery to know the story of this year and the previous ones.
- Use of live cameras:
- Click the button in the center of the video.
- Check that the button is red; if not, click on it (it may take a few seconds to return to live).
- Adjust the image quality settings by clicking on the button to choose the highest possible number (if your internet connection allows it, otherwise leave it on 'Auto').
- Control the live thanks to the slider , going back up to 12 hours! The button turns gray.
- Tip: keep the sound from only one camera per nest box so as not to have an echo.
- Using chat:
- The chat is open to everyone. Here we talk about birds from here and elsewhere, animals and nature in general. You can ask your questions, note your observations, share your experiences or exchange links related to our topics. Do not communicate your personal data.
- Remain courteous and polite, respect others, no hate speech will be tolerated.
- The moderators (identified by their blue nicknames) will ensure that the rules are properly applied. They will be able to delete bad messages and ban malicious users. If a message seems inappropriate, hover (or click on the mobile version) over the text and press to report it.
- Make yourself more easily identifiable by choosing a nickname, which you can apply by clicking on "Settings | Customize your name here" (below the edit box) in the computer version; or on the gear (above the message area) in the mobile version. Your nickname will be used for the various chats while you are browsing the site and will be kept for 2 weeks or until the cookies are deleted from your internet browser, at which time you will need to register again. Thank you, we will be able to recognize you from one visit to another. If you use two terminals at the same time (for example, computer + smartphone), you must use two different nicknames (for example, mypseudo57 and mypseudo57bis). In fact, each nickname is unique.
- In "Settings | Customize your name here" (or from the gear wheel on the mobile version), you can disable the notifications (ding sound) by checking the 'silence' box. It is also possible to customize the color of your font.
- In your message, you can insert an emoticon(s) , a photo or another type of attachment (buttons next to the edit box). The maximum weight allowed is 20 MB.
- Even once posted, you have the possibility to delete your message by clicking on the button after having hovered over (or pressed, from the mobile version) on your text.
- In the same way, it is possible to modify your message by clicking on. The message is then circled in green. To validate it after correction, you must choose the small symbol . It takes a few seconds for the changes to appear.
- To reply to a message by quoting it, hover over (or tap, from the mobile version) the text in question and choose the button . Please regulate the use of this function so as not to unnecessarily clutter the chat. You can also address a particular nickname by clicking on it. An “@” will precede it.
- Also to know:
- Questions about this connected birdhouse? Check out the Description tab.
- Discover the thread of the year's story in pictures and videos by clicking the Galleries tab.
- Visit the other live nesting boxes on our site by clicking the other webcams tab'.
- If you want to see all the nesting boxes at the same time: visit this page (Mosaic webcams).
- If you want to see all the chats at the same time with an overview of the webcams: go to this page (chats + webcams).
- If you want to see all the chats at the same time (2×2 layout): go to this page (2×2 chats) .
- All the site and nesting box news: see the 'News' page.
- You can also publish your photos of the birds of Théding (and elsewhere!) in our Facebook group: "Passion Oiseaux par les faucons de Théding".
- Discover an overview of our site through the home page.