Access to the nest #2 of great tit via webcam!
The “Falcons of Théding” present: the “Great tit (nest #2) of Théding“!
This connected nest box dedicated to the great tit has been installed since spring 2020. It is fixed on the balcony of the 2nd floor of a small building, in Ostwald (city which is part of the Eurometrole of Strasbourg).
An on-board I.P. camera, fixed to the ceiling, makes it possible to view the nest from above. This camera is connected to the Internet thanks to PLC sockets. This technology makes it possible to pass Internet connection by the electric network.
More technical information by reading the ‘behind the scenes‘ page.
No artificial lighting is added. These are two rectangular plexiglass windows, on the right and on the left (visible in the image), which allows to bring a light source during the day. At night, infrared lighting takes over.
Live video is available 24/7 during the breeding season, approximately from February to June. From the construction of the nest to the flight of the nestlings, this is where you can follow the adventure. Go through the photo / video gallery to learn the history of this year and previous years.
- Click the button in the center of the video.
- Check the icon is red ; if not, click on it (a few seconds may be necessary to return to live watching).
- Adjust the image quality settings by clicking the button to choose the highest possible digit (if your internet connection allows it! otherwise keep it in 'Auto').
- Control the live action thanks to the cursor , possibility to rewing 12 hours back! The button becomes grey.
- Mobile version: follow the user guide in the 'Mobile version' tab.
- Discover the story of the year in pictures and videos by clicking on the 'Gallery' tab.
- Take part in the chat and share your observations!
Please be courteous and polite; the subject is strictly concerning birds, animals and nature in general; avoid talking about something too personal or in anyways detrimental to the interest at hand. Always try to use the same nickname in order to be recognised by other chatters (you can personalise your name by clicking on "personnalisez votre nom ici" under the message bar in edit)
- You can also publish your photos of the birds of Théding (and elsewhere!) on the Facebook group linked to this website.
Go to the “News” page for the latest:
Visit the Facebook group to discover the Internet users publications (and share your own story!) about the birds of Théding (and elsewhere):
Also, the chat allows you to share the latest events!
Are you browsing from a smartphone or tablet?
In this case, watching live videos and especially replay is perhaps more practical from the YouTube application; click the button to test: