Access to the nest of blue tit via webcam! (Offline)
The “Falcons of Théding” present: the “Blue tits of Théding“!
This nest-box dedicated to the blue tit has been installed since spring 2019. It is hung in a fir tree 2 meters in height, at the bottom of the garden, in Théding.
An on-board I.P. camera, fixed in a false ceiling, makes it possible to view the nest from above. This camera is connected by a long ethernet cable which allows internet access but also to power it electrically. The camera has 2 different viewing modes: a “fisheye” mode which allows viewing the entire nest box (with the balcony and the flight hole) as well as allowing to see an area with extra accuracy .
More technical information by reading the ‘behind the scenes‘ page.
Artificial lighting has been added to the false ceiling: the brightness generated by the LED passes through small holes in the false ceiling. The light turns on automatically (thanks to connected plugs) at sunrise. It goes out at sunset . At night, infrared lighting takes over.
Live video is available 24/7 during the breeding season, approximately from February to June. You can follow their adventure from the construction of the nest to the flight of the nestlings. Go through the photo / video gallery to learn the history of this year and previous years.
- Click the button in the center of the video.
- Check the icon is red ; if not, click on it (a few seconds may be necessary to return to live watching).
- Adjust the image quality settings by clicking the button to choose the highest possible digit (if your internet connection allows it! otherwise keep it in 'Auto').
- Control the live action thanks to the cursor , possibility to rewing 12 hours back! The button becomes grey.
- Mobile version: follow the user guide in the 'Mobile version' tab.
- Discover the story of the year in pictures and videos by clicking on the 'Gallery' tab.
- Take part in the chat and share your observations!
Please be courteous and polite; the subject is strictly concerning birds, animals and nature in general; avoid talking about something too personal or in anyways detrimental to the interest at hand. Always try to use the same nickname in order to be recognised by other chatters (you can personalise your name by clicking on "personnalisez votre nom ici" under the message bar in edit)
- You can also publish your photos of the birds of Théding (and elsewhere!) on the Facebook group linked to this website.
Go to the “News” page for the latest:
Visit the Facebook group to discover the Internet users publications (and share your own story!) about the birds of Théding (and elsewhere):
Also, the chat allows you to share the latest events!
Are you browsing from a smartphone or tablet?
In this case, watching live videos and especially replay is perhaps more practical from the YouTube application; click the button to test: