Access to the nest of barn owl via webcams:
The “Falcons of Théding” present: the “Barn Owl of Théding“!
This barn owl-connected nesting box has been installed since spring 2019, following regular visits by the latter to the hawks’ nest. It is also installed in the attic of the house in Théding; but the entrance to the nest is made so as not to cross paths with the owl / falcon rivals. The nest box has a corridor followed by a room in semi-darkness; meets the expectations of barn owls.
Two infrared and motorized I.P. cameras allow viewing of the nest and the outdoor platform.
More technical information by reading the ‘behind the scenes‘.
Live video is available 24/7 during the breeding season, approximately from February to July. You can follow their adventure from their installation up to the flight of the chicks. Go through the photo / video gallery to learn the history of this year and previous years .
The barn owl is a nocturnal bird, so its activity is concentrated during the night!
- Click the button in the center of the video.
- Check the icon is red ; if not, click on it (a few seconds may be necessary to return to live watching).
- Adjust the image quality settings by clicking the button to choose the highest possible digit (if your internet connection allows it! otherwise keep it in 'Auto').
- Control the live action thanks to the cursor , possibility to rewing 12 hours back! The button becomes grey.
- Mobile version: follow the user guide in the 'Mobile version' tab.
- Discover the story of the year in pictures and videos by clicking on the 'Gallery' tab.
- Take part in the chat and share your observations!
Please be courteous and polite; the subject is strictly concerning birds, animals and nature in general; avoid talking about something too personal or in anyways detrimental to the interest at hand. Always try to use the same nickname in order to be recognised by other chatters (you can personalise your name by clicking on "personnalisez votre nom ici" under the message bar in edit)
- You can also publish your photos of the birds of Théding (and elsewhere!) on the Facebook group linked to this website.
Access this year’s photo / video gallery:
You can also view the previous years:
Different species are visible live by webcam during the birds breeding season, click on the webcam that interests you: